Web 2.1: Need your help - design a logo, coordinate stuff
Ok, so we still need some help with a lot of important things. If you can help out, please let me know and start moving on things ASAP.
- First and foremost, we need a logo. If I were an illustrator this would be simple, but since I am not, I only have a couple of concepts that are clever/cute, but not necessarily cool. 1 is Jam jar with a Web 2.0 on the label, with the zero crossed out and a 1 written in red above it. The other idea which I like better is a Rasta sort of character jamming on some brains instead of steel drums. Of course, there is still the matter of whether we do a logo for "Web 2.1", "web2point1" or "Web 2.1 BrainJam". I lean towards the latter, but am willing to look at any of the ideas that you can execute. These will be placed on signage, used as stickers and eventually make it to t-shirts (which most likely wont be ready in time for FRI)
- I need someone to help manage some technical stuff with regards to the virtual conference - getting the ICQ room setup, tapping into a Skype conference room etc...
- Also need people to help with signage and other event coordination stuff, like helping people get name badges for themselves (would like to do it WebZine style, but we dont have a laminator) Could use the help of 3-4 people to show up at KRON4 early on Friday (around 1100am) to set up. Lunch will be provided.
- Could really use some help with getting stickers made (where, how, how cheaply?) and it would be really helpful if someone has a button making machine they could let us borrow
- Other items are listed on the web site
There is so much that needs to be done still, and there is less than 3 days left before the event! Thank god we have money for the after party (the most expensive part of this) and a venue that will accomodate the crowd we are expecting, though there could be a surge that would put us over the top causing other logistical issues.
If you can contribute in some way with your time and/or your Insytes, that would be most welcome in any way. This is an event that is owned by the participants, not me, so please lend a hand and make it all that you want it to be. Given the spate of announcements already this week, I am not so worried about the content now as I am about the short time we have to get it all in...
Tech Tags: web+2.0 web2.0 web2.1 web2point1 web+2.1 brainjam brainjams blogoposium1 Web2.1BrainJam